Expository Preaching, Bible & Christian Book Studies
Breakthrough Prayer Ministries, Inc., a Florida Based 501c3 Certified Nonprofit
". . .anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works . ." (Jesus) John 14:12 (NLT)
Books for Prisoners Ministry & Testimonies
“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ Matthew 25:37-40
We've been Commissioned by the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus, to send at least one copy of "Fighting in Faith, a Practical Guide for Successful Spiritual Warfare" to the prison library of each and every state prison across the United States of America. Thus far, books have been donated to every state prison in the following:
Florida Georgia South Carolina North Carolina Alabama Mississippi California
God is using Fighting in Faith to meet the heartfelt needs of prisoners. Here are a few excerpts drom letters containing personal testimonies from inmtes in county jails and state prisons. These letters have blessed us tremendously and we hope and pray they will bless you too!"
February 29, 2016 – Pretrial Detention Facility, Jacksonville, Florida
“Let me first begin with my sincere admiration of your Book, “Fighting In, Faith.” I thank the Holy Spirit for using you and your writings as” a means to succeed in Spiritual Warfare. Once I started reading it, I simply couldn’t put it down.
“We conduct Bible Studies twice daily, Mon. – Sat and church services 7 nights a week. After reading your book, I used it in the next dozen or so Bible Studies. You bring to light how amazing God truly is, how loving, forgiving, merciful (sic).”
April 22, 2016 – Pretrial Detention Facility, Jacksonville, Florida
“Greetings Pastor Barlow,
I am writing to just let you know how much of an inspiration you are to me and my deep desire to meet you. I am on page 48 at this very moment, in your book Fighting in Faith, because I had to put it down to write you. I was at one of our church gatherings in the dorm and a brother read a few times from your book. I just marveled at your beliefs and spirit and knowledge of our Holy God. I am looking for a spiritual role model. I belief (sic) without a shadow of a doubt that it is your leadership that God would have me under.”
May 16, 2016 –Florida State Prison
I am blessed to have come across and read your recent book Fighting in Faith, a Practical Guide for Successful Spiritual Warfare. After I read it, it was like a veil was removed from my eyes. I need your prayers, I need your friendship and mentorship right now. God keeps me living and the only one to talk to since my wife have (sic) me with the kids.”
July 6, 2016 – Blackwater Correctional Facility, Milton, Florida
“Dear Pastor Barlow,
I’m writing in regards to your book you wrote on “Spiritual Warfare.” I don’t know the name of the book. But a brother told me that it was a really good book that I should get a copy for myself.
So brother, if there’s anyway possible could you please send me a copy of your book. I would greatly appreciate it. I’m serving a natural life sentence and have been locked up for 18 years. But sir, I love Jesus with all my heart. Prison is only a state of mind. Whom the son has set free is free indeed.” Note: A copy of Fighting in Faith was mailed shortly after this letter was received.)
January 28, 2017 - Florida State Prison, Women's Recreation Center
"Sir, I am writing to you in regards to your book I read a couple of months ago "Fighting in Faith." I must tell you sir, I was astonished at your teachings. It has truely (sic) helped me to walk and be cultivated in the gifts that the Lord has blessed me with. I'm very grateful for the wisdom and understanding that I received through your book. I must say thank you sir, and may Glory be to God in all you do."
"My husband is in desperate need of coming to salvation, I believe that the Lord has prompted me to write to you about sending him some literature, because something you have will reach him, bring him to repentance, then salvation."
September 19, 2017 – Pretrial Detention Facility, Jacksonville, Florida
“Dear Pastor Barlow,
Thank you so much for responding to my letters for I wasn’t sure it was going to make it to you. Your book is a blessing and I really appreciate you sending me a sighned (sic) copy. I am choosing to study the book rather than just read thru (sic) it. I am also looking forward to a visit from you at your earliest convenience. I’d love to discuss your book and my spiritual struggles. I pray that you will have some answers for me as to my criminal life and drug addictions.”
January 13, 2018–Florida State Prison
“Dear Mr. Barlow,
“I received and read the 2 books that you sent me. Wow, I really enjoyed both of them. I am actually using the Fighting in Faith in a small bible study that I started here at Florida State Prison. I feel that after reading your book, I have become better equipped to fight the spiritual foes that attack us on a daily basis. I have learned that God will not remove us from battle, but he fully equips us to claim the victory. I finally, after years of running away from God, I accepted Jesus as my savior on February 20, 2016. I was baptized July 14, 2017. God has blessed me so much. So, just like Joseph, God took something that was meant for harm and used it for good.
April 28, 2020 - Coffee Correctional Facility, Nicholls, Georgia
Quotes lifted from a four page letter received from an inmate in a Georgia State prison (Coffee Correctional Facility in Nichols, Georgia) on May 1, A.D. 2020, post marked April 28, A.D., 2020.
1. “Currently I am an inmate here in Coffee Correctional Facility located in Georgia, . . . “
2. “First of all this letter will not be to ask for legal advice to get out of prison.”
3. “My time of captivity (my sentence in prison) is a hidden place that God has me to be positioned to be used by Him apparently powerfully.”
4. “ . . . I feel a need to respond to your book with both the experience that I have had with reading it and a bit of testimony.”
5. “I discovered your book Fighting in Faith in the facility library, and I knew the I had to read it. There are two subjects that I am heavily drawn to regarding Scripture, those are Spiritual Warfare and Apologetics. [sic]
6. “Since I have been in prison [sic] I have had the opportunity to feel God’s presence in my life, center my heart, mind, and life under the shadow of the Almighty.”
7. “First and foremost I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I believe that He is the only Son of God who came, shed His blood to atone for all of us who will believe. The offer is there for all but it is irrelevant without believing it and receiving it. This I believe with all of my heart. This is what makes the above relevant.”
8. “I have learned from my studies a critical thing in breaking strongholds. Matthew 12:29, or how can one enter a strong man’s house, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.” “I’ve come to learn that the Bible does not always refer to a house as an actual house [sic] often times it is a metaphor to our lives. The strong man that is in our lives is Satan, but Christ can come in and bind that strong man and cast him out if we let Jesus do so. The goods are our beliefs , memories, thoughts, emotions, etc. I learned a powerful prayer off of this verse. “Jesus Christ is the strong man that has plundered my house [sic] you are bound by Him and casted [sic] out and are to take your goods with you. Amen.” I have used this prayer several times when memories of sexual encounters that I have hade would come back. Each time it would be a new memory. After that prayer [sic] the memories stopped entirely. I have been entirely set free of masturbation.”
9. “I don’t know fully what ministry God will lead me to. In a way I fear that it may be a pastoral placement. I don’t feel adequate for this. I [sic] feel prepared for it, nor do I feel worth (sic) of it with all of my failures in life. Though if that is what God calls me to do I am willing. I do know that the ministry that God is calling me to will involve prisons, jails, and homeless people. God is preparing me for something mighty in His name.”
10. “One day while I was in jail, I heard either in my soul or my mind or both a voice saying “I want you to be dangerous to Satan.” I still don’t fully know how this will come to completion, but I know the steps that are molding me. Your book Fighting in Faith is one of them. So far I have only read but four chapters, I can only read a chapter at a time as the book it’s [sic] self over [sic] whelms me. I can feel the power from the content through the Holy Spirit in my arms, legs, head, and chest as I read it.”
11. “Some of it I am not able to put in to practice as of right yet because I am not a private place. With the open dorm that I am in I am not able to do things privately with God where I had a cell I would be able to. I believe that your book is able to help equip a Saint with the equipment they need if they are meant to be in this position of a power ministry.”
12. “This is a book that I can [sic] not just read through [sic] it has a powerful anointing on it. The anointing on it [sic] I can only handle a chapter at a time. Still it magnifies itself [sic] each chapter.”
13. “I believe that I may actually be battling with a Spirit of Pride among others. In all honesty [sic] I wish that I could sit down privately with you to discuss some of the struggles that I am having such as the fierce battle of being inadequate to my surroundings. Though it breaks my heart that those around me pervert what the Bible teaches in how they conduct them [sic] selves. As well as questions I have regarding your book. [sic] Not questions of if this [sic] solid information or not, but general questions such as the one above regarding my understanding of what your book implies.”
14. “When I first picked up the book [sic] the title caught my attention, and the Holy Spirit confirmed my need to read this book. I could feel the annointing [sic] on it. As soon as I picked it I felt it was placed at that time there for me to receive and read.”
15. “ . . . I will be retaining this book until I have access to a place that I can put those instructions into to use. “
16. “ I can only pray and hope that you will respond to my letter. I do realize that you a busy servant of God with being both an attorney and a pastor of a church. I do know this that your book will take me to places of understanding that I am meant to be at. All thanks and praise to God for writing such a powerful anointed book.”
17. “I feel that it is important to write about my experience with the Chapter 7 to your book. As I was reading I cam [sic] across on page lol where you spoke to satan [sic] trying to sow seeds of stubbornness . My eyes locked on to stubbornness as if to say that is part of or what I am dealing with a Spirit of Stubbornness. I know that I may be wrestling with other things with [sic] in me.”
18. “One thing I have learned we need to know God to understand God before we can act for God. By knowing God we have a relationship with Him by [sic] understanding God we realize His purpose for us, by acting for God we allow Him to work through us by allining [sic] our[sic] selves as the right conduit through our loyalty and agreement with God’s Word.”